This is the name of the new tribe I’m going to create. I am going to start connecting people to each other within the community that I know well. I don’t live there (yet?), but this is how I’m going to do it:
1. Get the word out about my new tribe. I’ll do this by using email to the friends that I already have and I’ll ask them to contribute the information that they may receive daily about what is going on in 84601.
1. a. Go and talk to more people in person. Call local businesses and ask to come speak to them or tell them about the tribe.
2. Keep informed myself. Read the paper and get involved with community events and activities.
3. Post some thought provoking riffs.
4. Organize a monthly get together for people to meet face-to-face.
5. Make it easy for members of my tribe to tell other members about the forum for local news.
It’s a great idea. Something to really help keep people connected and support a local community with more personal and relevant news.